Project Coordinator in El Salvador
IM, Swedish Development Partner, is seeking an experienced full-time project coordinator for the Humanium Metal initiative. The project coordinator will be based in San Salvador (local position) and will report to the IM Regional Director for Central America.
A core component is to coordinate and lead the work of a new 18 months intervention in El Salvador, October 2018 to April 2020. The position is pending the final positive response from the back-donor.
IM Swedish Development Partner
IM is a development organization fighting and exposing poverty and exclusion. The organization was founded in 1938 and is working in thirteen countries worldwide. Together with local organizations and individuals that are passionate about change, we are working to create sustainable development. IMs international work focuses on people's right to economic and social inclusion, and civic space. All projects are implemented in close collaboration with local partner organizations.
Humanium Metal by IM
Humanium Metal is a new initiative developed by IM, in close collaboration with partner organizations in Central America. More information can be found at www.humanium-metal.com.
The overall ambition of the Humanium Metal initiative is to contribute to a long-term shift in attitudes towards the prevailing culture of violence. In El Salvador, the Humanium Metal by IM focuses on promoting peaceful cohabitation in line with the vision expressed in SDG16, through three tracks; awareness and advocacy, community-based initiatives, and social business. Besides the project coordinator there will be two full time project officers that will be placed at the two partner organizations in El Salvador involved in the execution of the project.
• Overall implementation of the project “Humanium Metal”, according to project plan
• Responsibility of planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project
• Coordination of team in El Salvador
• Regular reporting and coordination with regional office
• Liaising with government institutions, regional entities and other relevant stakeholders
• Networking and communication
• Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and report effectively
• Fluency in Spanish
• Good communication skills in English
• Skills in project management
• Skills in coordination
• Experience from working with civil society
• Experience from security sector related projects is an added value
• Experience from social enterprise is an added value
Latest day for application 25 September 2018. Please send CV and personal letter, including wage aspiration.
For application, further information, please contact regional director Kristina Jannerbo: email@example.com
+ (502) 300 404 19