Job opening – Regional Director for IM Middle East
Do you want to lead the development of IM’s work in the Middle East? Can you inspire, listen to and guide your co-workers in Jordan and Palestine to perform to the best of their abilities? Can you promote a conducive work environment and a healthy work/life balance?
• You lead the implementation IM’s strategic plan for the Middle East
• You enhance and develop strong relations with IM’s key partners and stakeholders in the Middle East
• You assure that your team members embrace IM’s learning culture, values and working principles
• You are part of a global team of colleagues who jointly collaborate to implement IM’s overall 5-year plan 2019-2023
• Your leadership is guided by the values and principles of IM and consistent with our strategic position
• You ensure a strong and collaborative team spirit between the staff members in the region, where participation, transparency and inclusion are guiding principles
• You are responsible for the human resource development of the staff in the Middle East and the health, safety and security of the staff
• You supervise the effective implementation of IM’s policies, procedures and guidelines within HR, IT and financial management in the region
• You represent IM both locally and internationally as a spokesperson for our goals, values and positions.
• You report to the Head of international department at IM’s Head office in Sweden
• You are part of an International Management Team
• You have a minimum of five years’ experience of development cooperation
• You have a minimum of five years’ management experience
• You share IM’s values
• You are able to work in a decentralized organisation where the Regional Director has a strong mandate to act independently, within established guidelines.
• You leadership skills are characterized by trust, participation, independence, strategic thinking and a constructive attitude
• You possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Working oral and written communications skills in Arabic
• Understanding of current political, economic, social conditions and historical context of Jordan and Palestine.
About the job
• Duty station: Amman
• Starting date: 1 October or according to agreement
• Length of contract: 2 years with possibility of extension
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter, including your salary requests, to email@example.com. Put ”Amman” as the subject. Closing date for applying is 28 June.
For more information about the position, contact Sara Fallström, Head of the International department, at +46 46-32 99 30, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
IM is a development organisation fighting and exposing poverty and exclusion. The organisation was founded in 1938 and is working in thirteen countries worldwide. IMs international work focuses on people´s right to education, good health and ability to sustain a life in dignity. All projects are implemented in close collaboration with local partner organisations. IM also work in Sweden, focusing on integration and inclusion into society. The strengthening of civil society is both a means and an objective in all activities.